SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advice on a Caribbean Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: Advice on a Caribbean Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtsailguy View Post
a lot of boats I have seen for sale that are IN the caribbean I would be very reluctant to take offshore.
The Caribbean IS offshore!!!!!!!!!! All the boats that are there have arrived from long ocean passages!

All the charter boats arrive from France or South Africa sailed there on their own bottoms. Every day of their lives they sail ocean offshore.

So you are asking for advice, but the only advice you can get is about boats that are in one configuration that many dont think are good to sail on
Have you seen that thread about the guy with the old Moody 42 that went agrouund in the ICW yesterday and it broke the Skeg off the rudder and sank the boat. Thats one of your 'ble water boats' but cant handle a soft grounding.

Also you only want your children in pilot berths / pipe cots. Well very few boats have that these days... they have cabins. they have cabins because they are built with more space than old boats... but you dont explain why your children shouldnt have their own cabin, or share one.

As I said, I'm not having a go at you. Its just we get so many threads all exactly the same and how can we help or give advice when the Original Poster is blinkered? All the advice you will get will only confirm your one original idea.

It must be very frustrating for you (and for others when they post similar).

So I try not to post to these threads.

All the best,

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarkofSeaLife; 02-24-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook