SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sydney Hobart Record
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Sydney Hobart Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Paolo, dude, your anti-miutlihull bias is now getting ridiculous.
It was a fast trip.
On a fast boat.
Period.

Look, I get that you don't like boats with more than one hull. You have a whole thread of "interesting boats" without a single cat or tri, arguably the most interesting boats of all.
But to denigrate the record because it was under favourable conditions is just silly.

That would be like denying the portuguese explorers and sailors of antiquity accomplished anything because they simply bumbled from one uncharted shore to another and picked theri weather window to the best of their limited ability.
It seems you don't know what you are talking about. I love multihulls and there are plenty on the interesting sailboat thread. It seems you are not a regular

I did not have denigrated the record. Only said that the record of a race is a thing, it is raced always in the same date without choosing the weather.

Other thing is a record that is taken on the most favorable weather window.

That is valid to multihulls or monohulls alike. Anyway there are separated records for monohulls and multihulls.

Maybe you should read again what I wrote, it seems you did not understood.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-24-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook