View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: The definition of I can cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallucination View Post
I like where this is going!

Recently we hired a cook in Greece on our boat. I was tired of cooking the same old stuff (SOS). SOS has many variances.

We had this AWSOME CIA trained chef from France, her mother (we later found out) owned a restaurant in Corfu.

Here is where it gets interesting:

it was a full three/four days until we realized...there was no meat. She cooked so well that we did not even realize we were doing Vegan! She knew people on each island that had "stuff". she would take the "stuff" and create "MAGIC". Linda and I had the best boat cuisine that I have ever had. She had a 1000 dollar budget for 4/10 days, she told us she spent ~350 bucks...YEP, keep the tip.

She was a MASTER! Eggplant mousse, layered with tomato, covered w/béchamel. with texture of a cloud!
This is what the cuisine on T37Chefs boat is like.

On Haleakula we eat hot dogs...(Hebrew national or Nathans of course,) We do make our own baked beans with black beans and real molasses and smoke turkey,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook