SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Well, in fact something similar had happened to me. Long ago a very good sailor that was circumnavigating solo without engine on a small 30ft boat stayed in Peniche for some weeks and we socialized a lot. He left on the winter to Madeira and I was not sure it was the right thing to do. A big storm come in and I called to Madeira Port Captaincy to tell them I was afraid regarding my friend. They say they would be watching and in the same day through Peniche Port Captaincy I received this message: "Thanks Paulo, fantastic voyage. I arrived yesterday"

Today with Eperby technology and knowing he had an Epirb and a Satellite phone, I would not have to warn nobody. I would just call to be sure he had made it in safety.

Regards

Paulo
Somehow I knew you wouldnt be the fellow to just sit idly by and would have concern enough to check on him or alert someone. These Captains just sat and did nothing...nothing at all. No call, no e mail, no ssb message to him even warning him like a good friend might do, whether he listened to them or not. No attempt. No attempt to even tell him the updated hurricane had decided to hit NE or NY or NJ. No attempt at anything. And they were his friends and collegues. With friends like that...who needs em.

But they surely made certain they got in the press by drawing attention to their pontificated opinions the next day.

Quote:
Different people respond to grief differently however- DavidPM
As far as Jan Miles letter being one of his grief, read it over,,,hard to beleive that theory. And a public letter? Not buying it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 02-25-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook