SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Not assigning blame to the TR community for the captain leaving at all.

Just pointing out that they sanctimoniously condemened the ship while they looked the other way at other times. They are the ones themselves who kdsy they new the crew were virtual amateurs. the ship was not maintained well and would not let friends sail; on that ship. And they didnt even tell their "friend" he might me making a mistake when under way.

I am quite sure if they had confronted the skipper or owner they would be trumpeting that all over given their nature for the overly dramatic.

Maybe they do need more regulations.
Yes, I am sure they need more regulations and regarding auto regulation I guess they will also going to improve on that. Nobody like to be regulated and the racing Classes and Offshore racing bodies (ORC) that regulated the safety needs for offshore races only had done that after massive accidents (Fastnet disaster and others) and public pressure. That was a question of survival for them. They would not be allowed to go on if the things remain as they were so they choose to auto-regulate themselves in what regards safety.

I guess that is going to happen now the same regarding TSC. Inside strong safety mandatory and inspected regulations are only possible to be accepted by the associates if they have not any other choice, or at least a better choice. Everybody loves freedom and that has a cost that may be too high for some.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-25-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook