SailNet Community - View Single Post - troubling news..
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: troubling news..

That's interesting, Jim, because a PopYachts broker on the Chesapeake, and three brokers on Barnegat Bay said they've been seeing insurance checks. Of course, brokers are trying to stimulate demand and may exaggerate a bit when chatting to a prospective buyer.

I'm editing to add: I do agree with your assessment regarding new boats. From what I've heard from the brokers (and again, it's not exactly from the most disinterested of sources), the people with insurance money (like me) generally have a perception of a soft used boat market, and are using the money to "buy up" either in size or quality.

I've been searching for a replacement boat since November, and I can tell you that I've seen the nice boats get snatched up. As you mentioned, the fact that his boat has been on the market for so long suggests to me either a) it's a real dog, or b) he hasn't done a good job advertising it.

Denise, from what I've read of your boat and your personality (i.e., your habits for upkeep), I suspect your boat would go for significantly more than his.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jimgo; 02-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook