SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post
I wish I was ready! Had the bottom soda blasted earlier this month and now need to fill, fair, sand, barrier coat, and paint. Still need to buy the paint but have all the other supplies stockpiled. I also need to install a couple of thru-hulls, re-do the boot stripe, and wax the hull. I'm hoping the warming trend continues as I'd really like to get all of this finished by the first weekend in April. Fingers crossed! Either way, I'll be spending a lot of time at the boatyard in March.
Is there a prefered temp for applying the barrier coat? How long for each coat to dry before you can apply the next? What kind of bottom are you going to use. Swamp, T37, and I use the Ultima60 which was recommended by Shawn to me and has been a great paint. ( I used the Micron Extra before which was also good). Are you trying something different?

Before you do the waxing, use some FSR gel. You can do this noew on a really cold day. It works really well to get rid of the tannin stains and marks, although you may want to do that before you do your bottom work or it will take it off. It took me 2 hours to do the FSR treatment and wash it off and it had amazing results and is an easy apply and wash off.

Dave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook