SailNet Community - View Single Post - Getting ahead of myself
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Getting ahead of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo View Post
...That being said, keeping her in Deltaville for a while really isn't an option - that's a 4+ hour ride in each direction, so I really won't get much use out of her. As of now, my wife is willing to try overnighting on the boat once it's in BB, but a trip to Deltaville and a sleep-over on the boat isn't in the cards for her, which means that I'd likely be going alone, and I already spend enough time away from my family...
I missed all of your threads the last couple of weeks. Congrats on finding another boat to replace your (much superior ) C25.

I realized that distance is a factor, and getting your wife to sleep over is another issue, but you really should plan at least one weekend of daysailing in Deltaville before heading out for the trip home. There's a lot of stuff to shake out. If you can't get her to stay on the boat overnight, rent a hotel. If you just can't get her down there, you might try to recruit some local crew to help you. There's just too much that could go wrong on a maiden voyage to try that kind of distance without a couple of days of shakedown first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook