SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew wanted - day sailing San Diego Bay and beyond
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013

happykatsu is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted - day sailing San Diego Bay and beyond

Iím a new sailor and boat owner and Iím looking for people to sail with in order to gain experience and have some fun, starting in April of this year.

Iíve completed my ASA 101/103 certification and have been out several times as skipper. Iíve loved every minute of sailing so far and want to get out there as much as possible. Because I have the luxury of setting my own work schedule, I can pick one or two sailing days a week between Friday-Monday with a fair bit of predictability.

The boat is Walrus, a 2013 Beneteau Oceanis 37.

Iím definitely not looking to do anything terribly ambitious for a while, although my hope is to eventually take some multi-day trips after gaining a bunch of experience and completing ASA 104/105/106 (scheduled for summer). In the meantime, Iím just looking to go out on the Bay and on the ocean beyond Point Loma for 3-5 hours per trip.

Iíll buy sandwiches and drinks for everyoneÖ you bring anything else you might think you want.

If youíre up for some basic sailing then drop me a private message, send a note to my Yahoo.com email (name sandiegowalrus), or reply to this post with an email address or other contact info (which could have the added benefit of getting you on the radar of other potential skippers in the San Diego area as well).

We can sync schedules and set up sailing dates in April/May/June and beyond. In a perfect world I would end up with a list of quality people to sail withÖ and you would have a reliable/predictable skipper and boat for when you want to go out sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook