SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Right the crew woke up out of a fourth year slumber like Rip van Winkle knew nothing about the hurricane forming and were suddenly forced to make a decision. Even the e mail from Christianson shows she was thinking about it.
Oh boy. Not only sarcastic, but you missed the point. I didn't say no one knew they hurricane was coming. I said no one in the TSC knew they were planning to sail toward it in time to talk them out of it.

Quote:
The TSC seemed to know and feel the Bounty was less than. Less than in terms of maintainence, training and experience. Testimony by the thread where when posted a member If one of the other tall hips say they would NEVER recommend they sail as part of the crew of te Bounty. No one is to blame inevitably but the Captain. But when the two TS Captains start sitting in judgement and one writes a public open letter on Facebook one moth later slamming the dead captain, one has to wonder why thy didn't try and slow down the Bounty ever leaving the dock again. He is the one I have the biggest lack of respect for, Jan Miles. I do hope I get to see him in person this year in Baltimore. I don't at all feel sorry for any closer inspections of the TS from this point forward, or if they an find a way from preventing a dockside attraction from escaping and ducking the rules.
Again, you are damning the entire TSC because you have a bone to pick with one skipper, maybe two, out of how many?

I also didn't say that no one was to blame, but the Captain. You seem, on the other hand, to be proactively looking for another to add to the pile. I haven't seen evidence of anyone's fault, but the Captain's at this point. I am interested to hear more about the owner. It may or may not have made a difference, if the TSC pressure Bounty. In fact, other than two anecdotes, it is very possible other in the TSC did just that. I thought we weren't drawing conclusions until investigated?

The TSC is going to end up with tighter regulation. So be it. Fine by me if they never leave the dock again, although, I'm not proposing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook