SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

NCC320 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I got it so your answer is you are not going to care about your friend or call the police about the guy getting in the car drunk because you don't want to get sued or involved. You'd rather rail on about health care, the IRS and lawyers and regulations.

Me I will call the police so the drunk doesn't kill people even if gets get made at me.

Me I willcall my friend and ask him if he knows they are saying the storm has changed did he see that and that I am worried about he and his crew as all other boats and AIS signatures are heading or port. I would at least try and convince him as he is my friend. You will worry about being sued so you just watch him perish in silence. Or maybe one month letter write a public diatribe to him on Facebook.
Ig
Chef,

When you comment, at least make the comments on what was actually said.
And who is railing......could it be you? As to the friend who sailed, in actuality any suggestions to him would have likely have been discussed when he advised of the trip. And a follow up persuasion after departure that caused the friend to take an action that led to disaster might possibly have legal consequences. A discussion wherein there was simply informing of new developments in the storm is different as long as there was no attempt to get the friend to take action in accordance with the caller's insistance.

My guess is that the horse is not yet dead, so maybe we should keep beating him to make sure.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook