SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halyards to cockpit?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Halyards to cockpit?

A downhaul on the main is something I think would be helpful. Since it sounds like you have hank-on jibs, a jib downhaul, as suggested above, makes a lot of sense to me, too.

The cost of the running rigging isn't that bad - I'm pretty sure I got me from Minnesota Rigging on eBay. I'm fairly frugal, but to me, the cost (even with a winch or two, and some other related deck hardware) is a small price to pay compared to the comfort of being able to stay in the cockpit if things get bad in a hurry. Look for used equipment on eBay and Craigslist to get you started. In the NJ/NY/PA area, you should be able to find a lot of surplus equipment because of Hurricane Sandy. I'm pretty sure there's a place in Annapolis that sells surplus equipment, and I know Minnie's Yacht Surplus in Costa Mesa, CA has a lot of stuff at decent prices, too. I'd like to find something even closer than Annapolis (I'm about an hour and a half from you), but that's all I've heard of so far.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook