SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternik View Post
Oh wow, even I did not know Scandinavia 30 is already in production. Little while back, they only had 26 and 27 - which are somewhat similar.

There is this video on YouTube promoting Polish boat-building industry.

Hi. thanks for posting

Jesus, I knew Poland was big in building boats but that BIG?!!!!

" 900 shipyards and boat builders, 22 000 boats a year and 95% exports" That's huge and I guess they are still beginning.

I guess that one of the limiting factors is that most boat builders are still being used as sub-contractors and the only exception regarding a big shipyard is Delphia. Most of the ones that are producing their own brands are doing so almost exclusively on the work of Polish NA. There are some good ones around but their work is just not just as bright and innovative as the work produced by some well known NA and NA firms that design for instance for the French or German shipyards.

The boats, most of them 30ft or smaller are nice but not properly innovative or better than French or Slovenian/Croatian boats. I hope that they change strategy and understand that design and innovation is a main factor on boat quality and that is something that small builders sometimes have difficulty in understanding, focusing mostly in quality and price. I bet that it will not take longer to change. There are already some Polish NA that have an huge experience like Andrzej Skrzat the designer of the the very nice Delphia 47, of your boat the Solina 27, has many other boats among them the Cobra. I would not call him innovative, but good certainly a very good one.

ANDRZEJ SKRZAT - YACHT DESIGNS

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-26-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook