SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
...Should you decide to move to the Chessie I would change to Micron Extra or one of the two Ultimas The constant current where you are may be a pain sometimes because of the trash it brings, but it also keeps the slime from forming. And you said no growth. Even at the waterline. You also don't have a prop in the water.

Maybe you could get a group of the sailors at your marina to go into together the same day in early July to get a diver to give you all a quick wipe to knock off the slime. When we do it like that the same day at our club it's $25-$50 a boat.
Last year was remarkably debris-free. 2011 was pretty bad, starting with the April 17 noreaster that approached record high tide (washing years of debris off the river banks), and then Irene made it impossible to get out/in of the slip during ebb (huge wall of debris blocking me in).

I've thought about getting some people together, but the vast majority of sailboats in our marina are direlicts, or dreamy-eyed new owners who splash in May and never make it down the marina the rest of the year. There are 1-2 other actively used sailboats, so maybe this year we can do something. The local diver lives on a sailboat in our marina. He requires anchoring out in the harbor because the marina does not allow divers around the docks (death by electrocution and/or swept away in the current).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook