SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ericson 38, Morgarn 38 or what? Hmmmmm...
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Ericson 38, Morgarn 38 or what? Hmmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoX View Post
I love the look and interior of the C&C landfall. I understood however that the deck to hull joint is quite problematic and that the deck core is often wet due to design of the stanchion bases not being set on a level deck surface. If it were not for that the Landfall would have been on my list. I like the interior so much that I wish someone would prove that not to be an issue.
The C&C 38 comes in 2 versions, both are great boats. The major difference is the interiors. One is the Landfall the other is regular. Interestingly enough the stanchions may differ boat to boat. Many older boats which have stanchions buried in the side gunnels/deck have issues. The second way the C&C did stanchions is they connected them to the anadozed toe rail. My C&C 35 MKIII are like that. Unique to C&C . It's a great design as you never have to worry about the stanchion bedding issue which plagues many olde Bo's and all boats eventually. So what you look for on the 38 is whether it has a teak Captainl over the joint or an anadozed toenail. The anadozed toenail being he preferred. c&C had excellent deck to hull luck and design. My bolts are 6" apart.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook