SailNet Community - View Single Post - 77' Catalina 22 Countdown to getting her in the water begins (Lots of Pics)
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

Captainmeme is on a distinguished road
Re: 77' Catalina 22 Countdown to getting her in the water begins (Lots of Pics)

Safety first, life vest, fire extinguisher, noise maker, running lights, bailing device, ect.
The black thingy looks like a turning block. Use it to run the running rigging to the cockpit.
Well, the arm is the spreader, the other thing is the boot. It protects your sails from tearing. Looks like it has seen better days, I would consider replacing both of the boots.
Inspect your standing rigging. Look for broken strands and cracked turn buckles. New standing rigging is cheaper than replacing the mast.
I'm not too keen on the battery box arrangement. You really want to strap the battery to the boat. I see no brackets to do that.
You can use ablative bottom paint since you will be pulling the boat in and out of the water.
The swing keel should be dropped, sand blasted, epoxy coated, faired, painted then reinstalled. Should be and will be are two different things.
Can the swing keel be lowered? Sometimes they rust up and swell they get jammed in the trunk. Oh, inspect the cable to the swing keel. Its no fun when the cable breaks. Also inspect the bolt that the keel pivots on.