SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halyards to cockpit?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Halyards to cockpit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
I am spoiled. I want everything. All controls in the cockpit. Give me an electric winch , I will take it. Give me a remote control auto helm, I take it. Give me a lazy boy arm armchair in place of helm seat, I take it.

I am a simple man, I like toys.
Well then, "simple" would seem far from the most appropriate word to apply, in that case...

If you crave "toys" on a boat, especially those that involve the continuous and uninterrupted flow of electrons, you are definitely choosing complexity over simplicity... ENTIRELY different ballgame, the polar opposite of favoring The Simple Life... I get paid to sail complex boats, and sometimes it's not nearly enough to deal with the hassle... When I'm sailing for pleasure, I'll take a comparatively "simple" boat, every time...

Those who want to keep things simple, would favor a tiller over a wheel, vane steering over an autopilot, overlarge tankage and water catchment over watermakers, and halyards at the mast instead of led aft to the cockpit...

Anyone with that much reluctance to leave the cockpit, should perhaps consider taking up a more sedentary pastime than sailing, anyway... (grin, bigtime)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook