SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halyards to cockpit?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Halyards to cockpit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Well then, "simple" would seem far from the most appropriate word to apply, in that case...

If you crave "toys" on a boat, especially those that involve the continuous and uninterrupted flow of electrons, you are definitely choosing complexity over simplicity... ENTIRELY different ballgame, the polar opposite of favoring The Simple Life... I get paid to sail complex boats, and sometimes it's not nearly enough to deal with the hassle... When I'm sailing for pleasure, I'll take a comparatively "simple" boat, every time...

Those who want to keep things simple, would favor a tiller over a wheel, vane steering over an autopilot, overlarge tankage and water catchment over watermakers, and halyards at the mast instead of led aft to the cockpit...

Anyone with that much reluctance to leave the cockpit, should perhaps consider taking up a more sedentary pastime than sailing, anyway... (grin, bigtime)
Thats me a sedentary poor spelling sedimentry rock.....in the cockpit safe and sound. oh and did I mention dry behind my dodger and chartplotter and radar...never looking up.

Better sailing hrough electronics is my new motto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 02-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook