SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by olianta View Post
Paulo, I fully agree with you. Orso bianco is a kind of Noah's ark (polar bears are neither fast, nor very good swimmers). I wonder why a well respected magazine like Vela has paid attention in five pages to this boat. When reading an article from a professional source one takes it for granted even when it defies physics and common sense. It is very much strange if you consider that the man has a diploma from the Academy of Fine Arts in Italy, a country where a lot of attention is paid to good design and velocity in terms of boat building. I would not want such a boat but will be curious to sail it in really bad weather in order to check whether it is really so much seaworthy and comfortable as claimed.

Regards
Rumen
The claims you have reported and that he made are probably true (if the boat is correctly designed in what regards stability ). It has to do with the type of boat. That type of boat, Aluminum centerboarders work that way, with all the ballast on the interior.

Many voyagers have used them and had verified their seaworthiness. As I have said, OVNI, Allures and Boreal are that type of boat. Neither of them is ugly and they sail pretty well.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook