SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Mantra 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
I, for one, am extremely impressed, by both the skill and confidence of the women, and by the performance of the boat. Too bad that I'm not able to understand the Polish commentary, although I did watch all the videos to the end. Now I will certainly be doing more research on this boat, although it is a bit smaller than I would prefer, since I am planning to go double-handed, not solo. However, I'm now thinking that 33-35ft might be adequate, whereas I had been thinking no shorter than 40ft, for speed, safety and comfort.

Please post any print or video reviews of the Mantra 28 if you should come across them (preferably in English, French or Spanish). Thank you very much for posting these inspirational videos.

MrP
I don't know what size of boat will fit your needs but if you want a bit bigger than the 28, the same designer has a beautiful 31 ft daysailer. If that size fits you maybe he is interested in transforming it on a cruiser. The boat has a huge B/D ratio and can be made very seaworthy for its size.

He had also circumnavigated in a 40ft designed by himself. Since he is also the one that makes his boats maybe he is interested in making a bigger cruiser for offshore work on the Mantra series and you could be the first costumer. My be a good deal for both, I mean in what regards money for the boat.

If you want to contact him here are the contacts:

Andrzej Armi?ski - Projektowanie i budowa jachtów

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook