SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halyards to cockpit?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Halyards to cockpit?

Good posts and great responses all! Keep 'em coming, if you please?

Chrysalis is a tiller-steered tub of elder parentage and lesser equipped. As much as I'd like to consider myself a "purist", I'm more than ready at this stage of life to start taking it a bit easier. Mr. Murphy..or his aquatic equivalent , is bound to rear his head and cause all manner of difficulties at inopportune times. Until I have a few miles under the keel, I had best keep it simple! Until I joined here and read vast amounts of posts and did massive research, I had no idea what a "Genoa track and cars"were; let alone thought I had need of them!

I plan to purchase lines sufficient to eventually run them to the 'pit. In the meantime, I see no reason not to have the excess (perhaps 10 or 12 feet?) hung/stowed nicely while under way and out of use. I can sure bend a loop over the halyard winch as well as a have the bitter end to hand. As time, experience and finances allow, I'll add such hardware as needed in some sort of logical order.

Oh.. and not to forget! I *do* plan to run a jackline/s and wear a harness/PFD when out. :biggrin:

Thanx again,
Paul
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook