SailNet Community - View Single Post - Powerboater from Upper Chesapeake Bay
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013

dbmathison is on a distinguished road
Re: Powerboater from Upper Chesapeake Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaronson View Post
David,

Welcome to the dark side! I grew up on powerboats. I don't miss them! In Annapolis there is the Annapolis Sailor's Club. We are a small group, with about 20 boat owners and 60 others with varying degrees of experience. Membership is $40/year, and there are opportunities to go out on lots of boats (but no cats). The Baltimore Sailing Center is closer to you and might be worth checking out. I don't know what there is further up the bay.
Joel
Hi Joel,

Thanks for the reply. We live up in Harford county (Bel Air). Most our boating originates out of Middle River. Annapolis could work for us, as it's just over an hour away. But I think I might be able to find something from Baltimore to Havre de Grace to possibly be more convienant. Most of the same sailing skills are shared on both monhull and cats. Handling character being the biggest difference. So I have no issue learning more on a monohull and taking those skills to a cat.

Thanks