SailNet Community - View Single Post - To Serpentine or not to Serpentine (BETA)
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 02-27-2013 Thread Starter
katsailor
Fresh water refugee

Re: To Serpentine or not to Serpentine (BETA)

Thanks to all for your replies.

Stan at Beta performed a propeller calculation and found the boat is under-powered with the current motor. Upgrading to a new Beta 16 will still leave me almost one knot shy of hull speed. The local rep will see if the Beta 25 with a 100 amp alternator will fit.

I plan to use the boat for cruising so my main loads will be the refrigerator compressor and auto pilot.

My current plan is to have the existing motor pulled so I can clean and paint the engine space and rework my fuel lines and electrical wiring. Working 6x12 on nights the next two months so I don't have a lot of free time.

Lots of mystery wires and other things that were installed with a lack of common sense.

This bnoat needs a lot of love, my first project was to clean the lazarette, the exhaust elbow had a leak and coated everything with diesel particulate and saltwater spray, you could not get near anything back there without being covered in black soot.

Experience teaches us things we would rather not know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S/V Shakti '81 Offshore Cat Ketch 33'
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome