SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to Sailing - HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013

zieglesh is on a distinguished road
New to Sailing - HELP

So I have never sailed in my life, but I am interested in taking up the hobby. I want to buy a nice small sailboat that would be good for a beginner. I have done very little research, but I came across this listing and I am thinking about buying this boat. Any tips (buy or don't buy) would be greatly appreciated. It says its a 23 footer with a 3 foot shoal keel. Is that good or bad for a beginner. By the way I live in houston, so I would be sailing in the gulf of mexico near Galveston. Any recommended questions to ask the seller would be appreciated. Here is a description of the boat.

This is a wonderful small yacht. 3rd owner and very clean! She has a 8 H.P. 1992 Johnson outboard that runs strong. Boat was constructed in 1979. This is a shoal keel vessel with a relativly small draft of about 3 feet. She is ready to go with 4 sails, CB radio, nice cockpit cushions, battery charger, shore power and cord, plenty of lifejackets, extra ropes and much more. There is no trailer for the boat so you will need a slip.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook