SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you keep in your Dock Box?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: What do you keep in your Dock Box?

Polishes, Teak oils, Wax. Ultra spare dock lines, extra shore pwoer cord ( one already on the boat. I have them all aranged in different sized milk crates. Also have a dremel, an extra hose, and of all things a small electric power washer. Oour club requires similar dock boxes for all of them and they are on overhandgs at the head of our slips.

Some of my dockmates have targets drawn on them as they have hit them a few times. If you do that twice in our club you get awarded the skunk burgee which you must promenently display under the club bergee until someone else hots their dockbox or performs and extroadinary menuever when docking thier boat.

The power washer is great for getting the dirt out of the non skid, hitting the water line scum but you must keep it away from the teak and the cannvas

Since our is out on the dock we have two drain holes in it so that should the water ever reach over the dock, it wont bust loose ( it has 4 times Sandy, Irene). It also makes it easy to clean and drain when washing it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 03-01-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook