SailNet Community - View Single Post - Going to look at a Watkins 27.....
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Going to look at a Watkins 27.....

Thanks Faster While I'm not into 'blogging', I figger I can track activities down here in the hinterlands of SN and the 'red-headed step-child' of the Watkins forum without clogging general forums.

Jim.....I expect to splash back in come the end of March/beginning April. The sooner the better! I need to do a bit of sea trial on 'er before I make the run to home port. That will be the other side of Elk Neck, up on Hance's Point in a private slip.
Hafta sand and paint the bottom, replace zinc, install alternator and set up battery system. All the usual Spring details. Once in the water, I'll install the depth sounder, (probably) replace running rigging and re-install the hatch and tiller. I *might* even run the sails up'n'down a few times! .
The "season" starts May 1 and I'd like to have most of April to prepare for the move; tho, the slip owners sez I can just show up anytime and we'll make things work. Once "home", I'll tackle the rest of the items on the list...when not pottering about the N. Bay
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook