View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: CS27 vs C&C27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Tough call.....

The CS 27 is well known for construction quality, and sails well, esp upwind.

The C&C 27 might be considered the 'prettier' boat, it's hard to beat the classic C&C sheerline, and personally I prefer C&C's hull deck joint treatment.

I think you'll find that cockpit-wise they are similar, the C&C may have a marginal edge in interior space and wider side decks for moving forward. Both have aluminum framed ports (C&C in earlier editions) that can be prone to leakage, but so can the bonded lenses on later C&Cs. IMO the newer bonded, tinted ports update the look of the C&C substantially.

The CS seems marginally powered if you have the original horizontal Yanmar, a friend has trouble powering much more than 4-4.5 knots, but there could be other issues at play there. Many C&Cs have A4s, which I don't believe CS ever did (but could be wrong about that) so that's another comparison point.

Don't think you could go wrong with a good example of either...
I agree very similar boats. C&C will be a smidgen faster not enough to matter and actually its strength is abilty and speed to windward, very tight close hauled angle as is C&Cs characteristic even on the larger models. You cant go wrong with either boat.

I would say go three feet more and get the C&C30...now thats a neat boat.
Great performer, comforatable for cruising or weekending good looker.Can be had for a good price usually

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook