SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dehler 38

First pictures of the boat on the water and soon a test review on Yacht.de magazine. I guess that with this one Dehler will be out of the hook. It seems to me a great boat, much better in what regards interior than the 41. I saw the boat in Dusseldorf and had confirmed that (visited also the 41). I guess it is going to sell very well, and deserves it. Contrary of other boats on this segment the boat can be delivered in two versions, with two or three cabins,

A two cabin version is the way to go in what regards extensive cruising and will provide all storage space needed.

What can I say more? A beautiful and fast boat with a great stability that will be sold in two apparently equal versions, one very accessible and another one expensive. One will have a lead keel, epoxy cored hull over airex (or similar) a bigger mast and the other one will have a cored hull with normal resins over a balsa core, Iron keel, smaller mast.

The first one will be enough for most cruisers and I expect it to be the most sold by far. Regarding competition the main one will be from the Salona 38, a more traditional boat in the hull and interiors that regards price has a version correspondent to the basic one from Dehler cheaper and has a version correspondent to the top one from Dehler at the same price as the basic Dehler version. The Salona will have the added advantage of the stainless steel keel structure for the keel and shrouds but I never heard any complaints about Dehler solidity.

Both great boats, no doubt and the right choice in this market segment for a cruiser. A racer (if it had the money) would opt by the XP 38, but the interior is less adapted for cruising and the boat has only a three cabin version, with a smaller saloon. We could join the Elan 380 but I guess that the boat will be one of the next to be substituted on the Elan line.

Have a look:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-03-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook