SailNet Community - View Single Post - Blisters on survey - Morgan 38
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013
Lies about her age

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Blisters on survey - Morgan 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by datswite View Post
I'm considering the purchase of a 1981 Morgan 38. The survey was today. Overall, the boat is in above average condition with the following exceptions - and some blisters.

1. Bent blade on engine prop
2. Needs cutlass bearing
3. Needs prop shaft
4. Leaky seals on Perkins 4-108 (1440 hours)
4. BLISTERS

Here is my question. Should I walk away for blisters? Or, should I negotiate? The largest visible blister was no larger than a quarter and there were many (probably 50-75 - only on the starboard side).
..THAT'S ALL? No bulkhead rot?

Cute how you capitalized the word blisters The oil leaks, bent shaft and all would concern me more.

You don't say where the blisters are.. waterline? (common) or big bubbles pulling the glass and gelcoat off the hull.

If your not going to strip and barrier coat an older boat then buy a newer one. It's not must do, but it is a very worthwhile "upgrade"

Next questions would be; are you going to do the work yourself? If not look for a boat without those problems and about $15-30,000 Higher priced

Good luck!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook