SailNet Community - View Single Post - About the time it takes to fix engines
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: About the time it takes to fix engines

The threat of posting your experience and the name of the yard on the internet really gets businesses attention. They will also have the right to defend themselves and tell their side of the story. If there isn't more to it, they may jump to making it right. At the least, this technique could help keep a one year yard bill from being outrageous for incomplete work.

I settled a dispute this way, when a yard charged me fully 3X what a very standard job should have cost and held me hostage in the slings and wouldn't launch me without being paid. I needed to make a delivery and they knew it. The next day, I contacted the President and told him I would share my story on the internet and post a copy of the bill, which made it very clear what work was done and how many hours they billed. Not to mention, it was double the high end of the estimate I received, also in writing, also to be posted. He wrote me a check for the difference on the condition that I not post it. I've honored that commitment, but I don't hesitate to tell people to avoid the place, rather than post the actual experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook