SailNet Community - View Single Post - ISLANDER 29 repower with YANMAR 2GM?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013

brad-low is on a distinguished road
ISLANDER 29 repower with YANMAR 2GM?

**Atomic Four A4 to Yanmar 2GM**--Trying to repower my Islander 29's A4 with a used Yanmar 2GM. Would love to see or get pics of necessary engine bed modifications. Especially interested in the actual needed changes in width, height and angle as well as needed clearances for pan since the Yanmar mounts will need to be further apart and the A4 trans flange is a different height compared to Yanmar. Already removed and disposed of the Atomic Four, but would like to use what I can of the old engine bed timbers (sister if possible?). Since I am starting from scratch and trying to do the engine installation while boat is afloat, would like actual measurements from a similar installation so I can get close before I have to do shaft alignment, thus saving megawork and time. If anyone knows of an Islander 29 (or similar boat-older Columbia, Pearson, etc?) with a Yanmar 2GM installed, please refer them to me or pass along an email address. Am in SF Bay area, but pics from afar would be greatly appreciated! Also looking for tips on removing the old cutlass bearing (know that I will have to haul for this). Many thanx!

Last edited by brad-low; 03-10-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook