SailNet Community - View Single Post - Blisters on survey - Morgan 38
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013

datswite is on a distinguished road
Re: Blisters on survey - Morgan 38

Thanks for all of the replies. I plan to do as much work myself as possible. But blisters (and evaluating them) are new to me. My 3-5 year plan is to cruise, so I'm looking for a good/strong foundation. I hope to circumnavigate in the long term.

Budgets are what budgets are, and this Morgan certainly fits mine. Bumping up the price by $15k would buy another boat with different/expensive problems. This Morgan is in great shape otherwise.

I've read so many different opinions about blisters. I've read that most repairs fail, and they are often not even worth addressing. The blisters are not on the waterline. They are on the top of the keel and the side of the hull just above the keel. Again, all on the starboard side.

I don't know how much the seller will come down off of his price. He seemed reluctant to sell at the price we previously agreed on. He also claimed that he had never seen blisters before.

It's tough to find a bluewater boat in good condition at this price point.
1981 Morgan 382, Hull #257 - Cobb Island, MD
Our Cruising Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook