SailNet Community - View Single Post - Windbreakers/Warmth
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-04-2013 Thread Starter
Asleep at the wheel

We'll be out on the water a little early this year (or at least, I hope to be), and I'd like to stay out until at least early November. That means my wife will need a jacket that can handle temps in the 30's to 40's, plus wind and possibly rain. I'd really like to find something that has multiple layers, so she can add/remove layers as needed. My wife is (barely) "plus size" and she is well endowed. So, finding a jacket that fits, and is comfortable, and meets the other requirements, is difficult. Does anyone have any recommendations for comfortable, multi-layer jackets? Are we better off just getting a foul weather shell and a separate fleece for under it?

We don't have any West Marines close by (well, there's one about 45 minutes away, but it is TINY and the selection is horrible), so just going and trying something on isn't really that easy. We do have an REI in our area (also not exactly close, but not as far as West Marine), and I'm thinking it may be worth us heading over there to check out the selection. Any other ideas are appreciated!

- Jim
Home: Western Philly 'burbs
1980 Allmand 31
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome