SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Albin Nimbus 42 owners out there
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013

talonawd91 is on a distinguished road
Re: Any Albin Nimbus 42 owners out there

wamcneil,

A description is the next best thing =) I thought I saw some sheaves mounted under the cockpit floor in the diagrams I've seen online. I have no such thing, instead there are large stainless stands port and starboard. I am not in love with this setup, mostly because it seems to not be perfectly aligned.

How many degrees do you think you get of travel? I feel as though mine was setup to allow for the Autopilot but not well done. I have bought a new helm and I am planning to install it, and move the autopilot to it's own tiller arm off of the quadrant. The current autopilot and stops seem to limit my travel to 20-22 degrees each side of center. Makes the boat a bear to turn around in tight quarters. How is yours in terms of turning radius?

On the engine cover front, I'm at war with it. Here in the freezing zone, the ice heaves it up and I have to keep a real eye on it or else I take on too much water. Just installed a garboard drain as an insurance policy against the worst case water ingress. I am going to design a stainless cross beam hold down system for it that tightens from below and replace the aged seal around the border. If it goes well I will share the results gladly.

If you could digitize those drawings you have, I would be very excited and eternally grateful. So they show measurements for the rudder and such?

What work did you do/need on the rudder? Mine may need a lower bearing and I was wondering if you have done one or did you need the drawings for something else?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook