Old 03-05-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Norfolk, VA to Boston delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Best is
Norfolk to Block Island to Hyannis to Cape Cod canal
If needed, stop by Cape May or Sandy Hook to LIS.
If going outside why fool with Block or the Cape Cod canal? Go out and around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Like other said, use 5 kn per hours or 120 nm a day is a good number to judge your traveling time.
Units are important. Don't denigrate them. Knots are nautical miles per hour. Therefor knots/hour are nautical miles per hour per hour or units of acceleration. Meaningless in this context. The same applies to those who confuse amps and amp-hrs. Units are IMPORTANT.

Furlongs per fortnight make more sense than knots per hour. Please understand this stuff. It is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
From there I'd recommend Barnegat, then up to NY harbor...(I detest Atlantic City, and Manasquan is distinctly unaccommodating to sailboats)
Can you elaborate? The First 38 draws nearly 7' if I can use Google correctly. I had a heck of a time with a shoal draft Passport 40 in Barnegat recently. The marina on the North side of the Manasquan channel (Hoffman?) right before the railroad bridge is fine and the fuel dock is on the t-head. In and out isn't bad at all. I agree they don't really understand sailboats (or weather for that matter) so I wouldn't plan to stay there, but as a fuel stop it seems more attractive to me than Barnegat.

Please educate me.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook