SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI Sail Destination Times?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: BVI Sail Destination Times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
Thanks for that info- That's what I'm thinking 1st day, get to Norman but anchor either Water or Treasure Pt Bays, dingy in to The Bight.
I'm thinking you mean Privateer or Kelly Coves. The Bight is really one of the best protected anchorage/mooring fields in BVI, IMO. There is about 30 ft of water you can anchor in on the northern edge of the entrance to the Bight, just south of Kelly's. If you are willing to spring for a mooring and get there early enough to grab one near the edges, you can snorkel right off your boat. Not saying its the best snorkeling, but its pretty convenient. You can certainly dinghy to the restaurant from Privateer, which can be rolly, but I would not want to have to do so at night. Pirates is fully remodeled and looks great, you'll not want to miss it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook