SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI Sail Destination Times?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013

Bowedtoothdoc is on a distinguished road
Re: BVI Sail Destination Times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
Thanks so much for posting those video's, a great steady hand, great resolution, and I was there on my full screen 27" iMac- beautiful shooting!

So your return from Anegada was to Trellis Bay; next day, did you head to JVD via the North coast of Tortola or take the SFDC ?

I'm thinking to stay away from Trellis do to airport noise, how was that?

Looked like superb sailing conditions!
We had not planned to visit Trellis Bay, but after the trip to and back from Anegada our jib had developed a tear which needed to be repaired. One on the guys from the charter company met us in Trellis and took the sail in the early morning. We exited out the cut between the Camanoe's and broad reached out way down to Cane Garden Bay, where we picked up the sail guys in the dinghy and they put the repaired sail back on the boat. After having lunch and going ashore to get some provisions "Caribe & Ice" I believe that we sailed over to Little Harbour JVD and had Lobster at Sydney's. We did not have any issues with airport noise at Trellis and the Last Resort was a good place to have dinner. We did pick a ball at the area furthest from the airport. If you are there during a Full Moon you should consider going to that at Trellis, otherwise skip it. We did have the pleasure of running into this boat several times during the week and ended up anchored near her in White Bay JVD. She has some pretty extensive night lighting.
Unfortunately we did not get to see her under sail

Last edited by Bowedtoothdoc; 03-06-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook