SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Albin Nimbus 42 owners out there
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013

talonawd91 is on a distinguished road
Re: Any Albin Nimbus 42 owners out there

hmmm... I wonder if mine are "stock" then. They just look kinda out of place. The sheaves are too far forward, so maybe it's the same deal.

I have a full circle quadrant that would not require sheaves. I am thinking about changing over to it since fewer pulleys should be easier on the cables. But it's an aluminum part and it find it hard to trust it as much as I would the cast bronze one that is currently there. The keyway was probably the issue since from what i have seen on mine, it stands only 1/2" proud of the quadrant. Any pics would be great though I am sure it's not easy task getting in there.

I'm glad you mentioned the rudder issues since I will be in there this summer dealing with the other steering parts, now I will have some things to look out for.

I'm fitting out to do some major travel and i'm addressing everything I can think of now, because it will be much harder later. On the docket are some titanium chainplates, which I should be able to make on the cheap with some ebay TI and a local machinist. I will share the measurements with you if you need/want them when I am done.

Take your time with the drawings, but I sure would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook