SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine transducer sense wire (-RAYA 7pin connector)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road
Raymarine transducer sense wire (-RAYA 7pin connector)

Does anyone know what Raymarine electronics are looking for on the sense pin?

I'm using a e7d MFD, which uses this pinout for it's transducers:
http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...attachid=40336

I have a Raymarine RP58 transducer that I picked up for a song to harvest the cable from. This is a transom mount depth/speed/temp transducer. I also have the original Autohelm ST50 transducers (one for depth, one for speed) mounted in my boat which I'm trying to actually use.

I've gotten the e7d talking to my depth transducer by using the blue and black wires from the depth transducer and the green and brown wires from the RP58. The RP58 doesn't just have the green and black wires shorted out internally as shown in that diagram. I thought there might be a diode between them, but I didn't measure any voltage drop across the pins.

The white/red/green wires are unnecessary, but the e7d won't recognize the depth transducer without seeing something on the green and brown wires.

If I can figure out the e7d wants to see on the sense pin then I could remove the "dead" RP58 from my system and get to hooking up the speed and temp sensors to my e7D.