SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine transducer sense wire (-RAYA 7pin connector)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Raymarine transducer sense wire (-RAYA 7pin connector)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post
Does anyone know what Raymarine electronics are looking for on the sense pin?
Yes. A very small resistance (cable resistance) to ground... but that doesn't seem to be relevant to the rest of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post
I'm using a e7d MFD, which uses this pinout for it's transducers:
http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...attachid=40336

Having done something similar recently, I'll try to help, so, stepping back a bit:

It seems the Raymarine "RP58" you refer to might be a "P58" instead, details of which are found here. The Airmar site lists the following wiring diagram for the P58:
http://www.airmartechnology.com/uplo...ams/91_954.pdf
The white, red and green wires you are referring to are shown as white, yellow and orange on the P58.. Confused yet? I am.. but let's move on:

Speed: Basically, Raymarine's newer displays use "2-wire" transducers ("Voltage/Signal" + "Sense" lines) whereas the older ST50 displays and transducers are "3-wire" ("Voltage" + "Speed" + "Ground"). AFAIK, you can't directly interconnect the two types and expect it to work any more than you could directly connect a US made 110V appliance into an Australian 240V power point...

Depth: Assuming you've connected up the Blue and Black wires to their mates on the ST50 transducer, the only other thing the E7 might need is pins 6 & 7 "Ground" connected together - the 'green' wire is not used for depth... But all that is assuming the ST50 transducer you have is a 50/200kHz transducer - if not, it won't work whatever way you hook it up.

Summary: IMHO, it's be easier to get the P58 to work with your E7 display than your existing ST50 transducers.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Classic30; 03-06-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook