SailNet Community - View Single Post - Norfolk, VA to Boston delivery
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Norfolk, VA to Boston delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
There is more than one "hump', the Oyster Creek Channel into the bay can be a real challenge in a few places... but there would be no reason for anyone stopping for an overnight in Barnegat to venture in there, and simply coming inside the inlet to the anchorage in Meyer's Hole should be no problem, even for one who has the deep keeled version of the First 38...
As I said elsewhere the Inlet was fine and easy. The only time I've been in there was to deliver a boat to Forked River, so I haven't explored the anchorages just past the light.

Aside from the three humps to get into the Bay proper we ended up having to put lines ashore and grind ourselves into the boat's home slip. The wind was in a bad direction and blown all the water out. Fun stuff.

It comes down to philosophy. I plan to move the boat and plan bail-outs. I don't take the bail-outs unless conditions (weather, boat, crew) dictate.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook