SailNet Community - View Single Post - 10 week trip Hampton Va to the Bahamas and back mid may-july
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: 10 week trip Hampton Va to the Bahamas and back mid may-july

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanappleyard View Post
Maybe i have worded it wrong, but i am not charging anyone for it i have estimated split costs of food, mooring, visa and fuel to give everyone an idea there's no charge there.
I think your estimates may be a little low for cost sharing. I usually figure $15/person/day for food on delivery and you are including other costs in your estimate of less than $11/person/day.

Best of luck with your recruiting effort. There are lots of people out there up for adventure. Try to find someone who can cook - there are long stretches of the ICW when you may have to be in the cockpit unless you are fortunate enough to find someone else that can really understand piloting. Do you have an unlimited Towboat/US policy? Best money you can spend.

You will probably find that judgment and personality are more important than skill and experience for what you propose.

Have a good time.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook