SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bedding Deck Hardware With Butyl Tape
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Bedding Deck Hardware With Butyl Tape

Well you can call my post a lecture, and I can call your post a rant, and it's all good. We all post our experiences, and my experience is that MS sells a good product.

There are times people may need a quick repair and don't have time for mail order, so your suggestion may help guide them to a solution that fits their limitations. But the governing limitation in this case should be time, not money. That's my advice, and it's worth what you paid for it.

I'm not sure why you're so offended by my post. I said that I did essentially the same thing you did (look for a cheaper solution), but instead I learned to appreciate a superior product.

As someone who has spent my entire career doing polymer R&D for Fortune 50 companies in the paints/coating/ink/adhesives/sealants industry, I have some useful input and I will continue to make it. You are welcome to make yours too, and if we sometimes disagree, then the readers will be smart enough to decide which advice to follow.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook