Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Alberg
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2013

markrodocker is on a distinguished road
Alberg I.d. needed. Planning to sell

I have been told by several people that this boat is an Alberg. It is in really good shape and a very very solid boat. Currently it has an atomic 4 in it. There is a really neat round Raymarine engine gauge panel in it. The boat was neglected for some time but I have recently cleaned it up really well and I'm getting it ready to sell. It is an older sailboat so there is no stamping on the back corner of the hull to actually show what type of boat it is. Could anyone say that it is or is not an Alberg? I can take more specific pictures if anyone can use something to determine its make.

Thanks

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Alberg I.d. needed. Planning to sell-uploadfromtaptalk1379585965216.jpg   Alberg I.d. needed. Planning to sell-uploadfromtaptalk1379585977516.jpg  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Alberg I.d. needed. Planning to sell

Do you have the title or certificate of documentation? Not going to be able to sell her without it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 09-19-2013

Oh duhh. It will be on the title. I'll get the title through the boatyard I got the boat from.

Mark
Old 09-19-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Sounds like an interesting back story here. If the boat yard has the title, it presumably hasn't been sent in to be re-issued to you. What deal have you got going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 09-19-2013

I am friends with the owner of the marina where the boat has sat for the past 3 years with dockage unpaid. He was going to crush the boat to make room for a new boat and an owner who will hopefully pay for dockage. I told him I would get rid of the boat but didn't want to crush it. I have been cleaning on it and tidying it up in plans to sell it. I wouldn't have wasted time on her had people not told me it was an Alberg. Getting a title on it in my name will be no problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-19-2013

Those are tough situations and the reason that so many boats sit abandon at yards. It can be very difficult for a marina to get clear title, even though they are technically entitled to it. Many don't want to spend the money to do so, throwing good money after bad. Effectively, they just seize the asset as collateral against their bill and wait. Often forever when the boat is worth less than they are due.

If they've managed to get clear title re-issued to them, everything you'll need to know is on it. Make, model, length, hull i.d.

Good luck. She does look like an Alberg.

Jeanneau 54DS

Old 09-19-2013

Yes, he has done it several times and there is a lot of paperwork involved. Thanks for your input. If I had a spare $500 a month and didn't have a 13 year old dog I'd keep her myself. She is such a solid little boat. I'll keep this post updated with pictures and info as far as acquiring the title. I have a friend who is a boat broker and when the time comes I may have him list it for better exposure.

Thanks again,

Mark

Old 09-19-2013

That was easy. Bill of sale and title to an Alberg 30 in hand. Pulling the carb tomorrow to clean up. Motor cranked today with a couple of drops of gas in each cylinder.

Mark

Old 09-19-2013

There's a bill of sale on a boat taken for unpaid dockage?

Jeanneau 54DS

Old 09-19-2013

I have a bill of sale and title. I will be listing it for sale soon.

Mark