New Allmand 31 owner aboard - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 02-18-2014
Asleep at the wheel

Re: New Allmand 31 owner aboard

Dave,
According to the spec sheets, the Allmand had a 40 gallon water tank and 25 gallon fuel tank. Did one of your PO's upgrade the fuel tank on yours?

- Jim
Home: Western Philly 'burbs
1980 Allmand 31
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 02-18-2014 Thread Starter

Dogonit Jim...

Got me thinking and I just looked them up, looks like the broker may have been dislecsic and I never researched it. My fuel tank is a big metal thing accessible throught the stbd side cockpit locker and is a tall thing that almost goes to the floor of the cockpit. My water is the integral tank under the V berth.

I drilled an access on top of the water tank and installed a large deck plate. Now I can clean and inspect the tank.

How big do you think the waste tank is? 10 gallons?

Dave

Allmand Sail 31 #15 "Traveler"
GOD, Family, career
post #13 of 19 Old 02-18-2014

I don't have many good pix yet but this one shows her pretty well. She's in excellent shape; just needs some cosmetic help. I'm currently working on sanding and re-varnishing the teak. Also fixing a bit of rotted floor in the galley under the hatch.

Brett
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6303sm.jpg  
post #14 of 19 Old 11-09-2014

Hey Dave;

Welcome to the family. I'm also owner number 3 on my Allmand 31. Aloha Banks II in Washington, NC. My face book is Bob Robertson with lots of pictures of my boat. Mine is a 1984 hull number is 31198 which I believe is #98.

On your water, use your pump so all the lines are rinsed out after shocking the tank. I had to do this 4 times before the smell went away and we live on our boat year round. I'm about to add a fill tap to the cold water side of the hot water heater so I won't use the tank as much. I'll still back fill with the cold water side of the circuit to keep all fresh.

Captain Bob.
captbob@earthlink.net
post #15 of 19 Old 11-09-2014

Reverse the spec sheet. The water is 20 to 25 gallons and the fuel is 40 gallons. I've physically checked both. As I charter I have to manage the fuel closely and we live on the boat when not on a charter so I know to well how long the 20 gallons of water last.

One thing I noticed on your post was the placement of the fuel tank. My diesel tank is under the tri cabin bed and its really big. In the engine room which is on the starboard side of the cockpit I have the hot water tank by the transom but the rest is batteries, plumbing, motor and electrics. Lariat under the Helmsman seat is for my Dan ford anchor and extra road.

My water tank is under the v birth.

For your sole; Jamestown marine has the replacement teak plywood t/g and holly strips.

Capt Bob
post #16 of 19 Old 11-09-2014

Welcome to the family Dave.

I'm sailing from Washington also,,, North Carolina that is. I have an album of my 31 and tons of information. I have all the original manuals and have done a ton of work getting "ALOHA BANKS II" ready for the Caribbean next year.

My facebook is Bob Robertson, e mail is captbob@!earthlink.net, drop me a line if you need help.

Capt Bob
post #17 of 19 Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigran View Post
Reverse the spec sheet. The water is 20 to 25 gallons and the fuel is 40 gallons. I've physically checked both. As I charter I have to manage the fuel closely and we live on the boat when not on a charter so I know to well how long the 20 gallons of water last.

One thing I noticed on your post was the placement of the fuel tank. My diesel tank is under the tri cabin bed and its really big. In the engine room which is on the starboard side of the cockpit I have the hot water tank by the transom but the rest is batteries, plumbing, motor and electrics. Lariat under the Helmsman seat is for my Dan ford anchor and extra road.

My water tank is under the v birth.

For your sole; Jamestown marine has the replacement teak plywood t/g and holly strips.

Capt Bob
They must have changed something... The brochure we have (original) said 50 gallon water tank. We have put in 40 for sure. Our 40 gallon fuel tank is in the stbd "engineering space" (as I call it) along with the hot water heater and the refrig unit, batteries are under the aft port cabin cushion. See my photo album also, welcome aboard.
Dave

GOD, Family, career
post #18 of 19 Old 11-11-2014

Dave; Thanks for the PM. I have 13 more post before I can use the PM system. I noticed the Davits on your boat. I just installed the Plastimo Davits on my Allmand 31. I had the same problem as you with placement. I used 5/4 Mahogany 6"X18" to spread out the load. The Plasrimo Davits are 2" single tubes and hold 360 pbs. How does the added weight of you Dink effect sailing? I'll post pictures. It took some real modification of the receiver plates to make it work in the minimal space on the stern deck.
post #19 of 19 Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigran View Post
Dave; Thanks for the PM. I have 13 more post before I can use the PM system. I noticed the Davits on your boat. I just installed the Plastimo Davits on my Allmand 31. I had the same problem as you with placement. I used 5/4 Mahogany 6"X18" to spread out the load. The Plasrimo Davits are 2" single tubes and hold 360 pbs. How does the added weight of you Dink effect sailing? I'll post pictures. It took some real modification of the receiver plates to make it work in the minimal space on the stern deck.
I think you have me and Jimgo mixed up. I don't have davits. My boat's name is "Traveler".

GOD, Family, career

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.