Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements, Suggestions Box and Site Issues
 Not a Member? 

Announcements, Suggestions Box and Site Issues Forum tech support line. Problems with the site to report can be posted here.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: This is getting really old, really quick

Whoa up.

tdw, I didn't "slam" Faster. I didn't appreciate the response. We resolved it. end of story.
Until now.

All anyone had to say was, and is, what faster told me via pm this morning. I'm paraphrasing, but the gist is "we're trying. it is an ongoing issue. we could really use your help. when you see this crap, hit the report button. Help us to help you.""
Then I become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Instead, I get tdw claiming I am out of line and Jeff H telling me he really would have offended me.

I got the message.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Whoa up.

tdw, I didn't "slam" Faster. I didn't appreciate the response. We resolved it. end of story.
Until now.

All anyone had to say was, and is, what faster told me via pm this morning. I'm paraphrasing, but the gist is "we're trying. it is an ongoing issue. we could really use your help. when you see this crap, hit the report button. Help us to help you.""

Instead, I get tdw claiming I am out of line and Jeff H telling me he really would have offended me.

I got the message.
Don't forget this one:

"harden up ya nancy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 04-11-2012

I was talking about responses from moderators, not responses from modern haters.

Old 04-11-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Heh-heh. I see what you did there.

But seriously, it would do your BP good to chill a bit. It's just spam.

And the mods around here are pretty much top-notch as far as the 99% are concerned. Not the most coveted gig on the planet you know.

Old 04-11-2012

I am chilled. As I said, I got the message this morning.

Old 04-11-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Spam on discussion forums is very tame compared to the old chat rooms I used to manage on MSN. spam bots were relentless. Hosts even had software to "kill" em but they used to come so fast and furious that it eventually was one of the big reasons MSN stopped having chat rooms. and a reason why I type so fast now I might add LOL

my current "project"!
Old 04-11-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Whoa up.

Until now.
I got the message.
Jones,

Getting a tadge silly but I said "even thinking of slamming Fast" was out of line. That aside, I didn't know Fast had PM'd you when I posted in the forum so yes it's a bit unfortunate that it escalated when you had already chatted. What I'd hope is that you'd understood that there are times when a moderator is not at hand to take care of a spammer as quickly as you may like.

Anywho the essence of my post was to say "hey, hit the report post button when you see a spammer, even better send us a PM".

Cheers

Andrew B

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 04-11-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Some forums have gone to asking new users to answer a few "interest related" trivia questions that ANY sailor would know but some spammer in a net cafe in India has no clue about.

Like:

"How many sails on a sloop?"
"What is a Yanmar?"
"What is the weight in a keel called"

Use it...
That's a good idea. I once read of a couple of hot rodders doing a "Two Lane Blacktop" type of trip in a hot 55 Chevy - they would only give rides to hitchhikers who could list every factory offered displacement of the small block Chevy engine.

Needless to say, they would have given ME a ride.

P.S. there were 10.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 04-11-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Spam on discussion forums is very tame compared to the old chat rooms I used to manage on MSN. spam bots were relentless. Hosts even had software to "kill" em but they used to come so fast and furious that it eventually was one of the big reasons MSN stopped having chat rooms. and a reason why I type so fast now I might add LOL
Why can't the hackers go after those a$$holes instead of making mischief? They be heroes if they turned the computers of that scum into heaps of smoking diodes.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 04-11-2012
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloopjonb View Post
why can't the hackers go after those a$$holes instead of making mischief? They be heroes if they turned the computers of that scum into heaps of smoking dildoes.
Dude, WTH?????
cupper3 and SloopJonB like this.