SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements, Suggestions Box and Site Issues (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box-site-issues/)
-   -   A profile deletion button is missing (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box-site-issues/91053-profile-deletion-button-missing.html)

earthoftomorrow 08-17-2012 09:51 AM

A profile deletion button is missing

This is not allowed by law.

If I have missed it, maybe.. But since I build websites like this for a living I think not.

Please have my profile deleted or I will take legal action to get it deleted.

I am not interested in being a part of a community that harasses me.

Get this account closed down.

Hope I do not have to say this any more times.

Dean101 08-17-2012 10:21 AM

Re: A profile deletion button is missing

Sorry your experience here was less than satisfactory. In any group of people there will always be a few jerks. Surely as a website designer you are aware that some people speak behind the safety of a firewall in a way that they never would in a face-to-face setting.

I'm not sure about the "delete profile" button because I'm not a runner but they do have an "ignore" button if you really get tired of hearing the same crap from someone. Have you tried contacting one of the moderators directly? I'm sure they can help you.

Hope you enjoy the next community better than you did this one. I find it to be a pretty good place to frequent even if I don't post much. Much like any crowd, it's made up of all kinds of people and I think you're going to miss out on some of the better ones. In fact, it's not very fair to judge an entire community on the words of a few. That in itself is kind of childish.

sea_hunter 08-17-2012 11:00 AM

Apparently one's Mensa score has absolutely nothing to with one's thickness of scales. Good luck to you and your IQ, lest they run into that metaphorical door.

ParadiseParrot 08-17-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea_hunter (Post 910820)
Apparently one's Mensa score has absolutely nothing to with one's thickness of scales. Good luck to you and your IQ, lest they run into that metaphorical door.

All I can say is LOL.

emoney 08-17-2012 11:21 AM

Dang it.....missed another one.

DRFerron 08-17-2012 01:44 PM

I don't know what law states that an internet forum must have a profile deletion button. Since you willingly accepted the terms of the site by registering, no, we do not have to delete your profile.

I'm typing to a wall, I know. But for future reference...

emoney 08-17-2012 01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that when Al Gore invented the internets he was pretty adamant about having a "Delete All Profiles of People that Get Their Feelings Hurt in an Internet Forum that They Recently Signed Up To" clause.

I mean, I couldn't give you the exact statute number, but I'm pretty sure it was there.

poopdeckpappy 08-17-2012 05:17 PM

Wow, me thinks someone should forget about the earth of tomorrow and try to learn how to cope with the world today

bljones 08-17-2012 06:24 PM

For the record, let it be noted that I have never had any contact with the complainant.
Just sayin'.

sea_hunter 08-17-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFerron:910874
I don't know what law states that an internet forum must have a profile deletion button. Since you willingly accepted the terms of the site by registering, no, we do not have to delete your profile.
Y
I'm typing to a wall, I know. But for future reference...

Please, please delete me, my IQ can't handle the load. I think. What, there's a future; hang on a sec.