SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Signatures (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/104805-signatures.html)

Cruisingdad 10-17-2013 11:07 AM

Signatures

As of today, all signatures which reflect a political stance will need to be removed. THis includes gun control, political party affiliations, I hate Obama, I hate republicans, etc.

Keep the politics in OT in the politics forum. We don't want it to carry over out into the sailing forum.

Brian and ALL mods.

PBzeer 10-17-2013 12:05 PM

Re: Signatures

Seems reasonable to me.

T37Chef 10-17-2013 12:35 PM

:laugher probably best to just close this thread now!

MarkofSeaLife 10-17-2013 12:46 PM

Well done, Mods! :)

Delezynski 10-17-2013 12:53 PM

Seems VERY reasonable to me.

Greg

hellosailor 10-17-2013 06:01 PM

So politics are out, but sig lines reflecting religion and sexual deviation are still in?

tdw 10-17-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellosailor (Post 1106770)
So politics are out, but sig lines reflecting religion and sexual deviation are still in?

Not necessarily HS. Any sig line or avatar than would be unsuitable for a post in On Topic forums will have to be modified. Yes there will undoubtedly be the odd grey area but we will tackle individual instances when we come to them.

I'm not sure where the sexual deviation comes from, unless you are talking about grown men dressing up and pretending to be small furry animals. That is of course an utter abomination. Any incident should be reported to Brian.

One might also wonder about that strange furry green thing I noticed skulking about the other day. Looks like a piece of furry snot.

DRFerron 10-17-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdw (Post 1106781)

One might also wonder about that strange furry green thing I noticed skulking about the other day. Looks like a piece of furry snot.

Take that back!! :mad:

jerryrlitton 10-17-2013 07:16 PM

I see where you all are trying to do the right thing even though it is an attempt at being politically correct. BUT once this process begins where does it end and who decides what is correct and what is not? I have an American flag, in essence THAT is a political statement no? Will it be removed at one point soon? Who decides? Where is the line? Does it move with a whim or climate? This smells bad gentleman, very bad.

Despite what we have heard, we are not literally equal, and because of this we cannot please everybody. This politically correctness is not working. You cannot change the core person. If you attempt to please everyone the end result will be so diluted the original item will have resemblance to end product. For instance, to become a citizen of the country at one time you had to speak the language, now we have the instructions in almost every language out there. Is this the way if was supposed to be? We are losing ourselves gentlemen, and you by doing this are propagating the situation. Where does it stop? Who watches the watchers?

Jerry

joethecobbler 10-17-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryrlitton (Post 1106815)
I see where you all are trying to do the right thing even though it is an attempt at being politically correct. BUT once this process begins where does it end and who decides what is correct and what is not? I have an American flag, in essence THAT is a political statement no? Will it be removed at one point soon? Who decides? Where is the line? Does it move with a whim or climate? This smells bad gentleman, very bad. Who watches the watchers?

Jerry

exactly