Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Signatures

As of today, all signatures which reflect a political stance will need to be removed. THis includes gun control, political party affiliations, I hate Obama, I hate republicans, etc.

Keep the politics in OT in the politics forum. We don't want it to carry over out into the sailing forum.

Brian and ALL mods.

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 10-17-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cruisingdad For This Useful Post:
Azzarac (10-17-2013), bblument (10-17-2013), jimgo (10-17-2013), Resolute_ZS (10-17-2013), RonRelyea (10-24-2013), svHyLyte (10-19-2013)
Old 10-17-2013
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Re: Signatures

Seems reasonable to me.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 10-17-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

probably best to just close this thread now!
flyingwelshman and jimgo like this.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 10-17-2013

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road

Well done, Mods!
Old 10-17-2013

Delezynski is on a distinguished road

Seems VERY reasonable to me.

Greg
jimgo likes this.

Youtube page -
Old 10-17-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

So politics are out, but sig lines reflecting religion and sexual deviation are still in?
Old 10-17-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
So politics are out, but sig lines reflecting religion and sexual deviation are still in?
Not necessarily HS. Any sig line or avatar than would be unsuitable for a post in On Topic forums will have to be modified. Yes there will undoubtedly be the odd grey area but we will tackle individual instances when we come to them.

I'm not sure where the sexual deviation comes from, unless you are talking about grown men dressing up and pretending to be small furry animals. That is of course an utter abomination. Any incident should be reported to Brian.

One might also wonder about that strange furry green thing I noticed skulking about the other day. Looks like a piece of furry snot.
T37Chef likes this.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 10-17-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-17-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post

One might also wonder about that strange furry green thing I noticed skulking about the other day. Looks like a piece of furry snot.

Take that back!!

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 10-17-2013
Oathkeepers member

jerryrlitton will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jerryrlitton Send a message via MSN to jerryrlitton Send a message via Yahoo to jerryrlitton Send a message via Skype™ to jerryrlitton

I see where you all are trying to do the right thing even though it is an attempt at being politically correct. BUT once this process begins where does it end and who decides what is correct and what is not? I have an American flag, in essence THAT is a political statement no? Will it be removed at one point soon? Who decides? Where is the line? Does it move with a whim or climate? This smells bad gentleman, very bad.

Despite what we have heard, we are not literally equal, and because of this we cannot please everybody. This politically correctness is not working. You cannot change the core person. If you attempt to please everyone the end result will be so diluted the original item will have resemblance to end product. For instance, to become a citizen of the country at one time you had to speak the language, now we have the instructions in almost every language out there. Is this the way if was supposed to be? We are losing ourselves gentlemen, and you by doing this are propagating the situation. Where does it stop? Who watches the watchers?

Jerry
Lou452 likes this.
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Bruce Lee

LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT ENFORCING OUR PRESENT LAWS NOW

Last edited by jerryrlitton; 10-17-2013 at 08:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryrlitton For This Useful Post:
Lou452 (01-19-2014)
Old 10-17-2013
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrlitton View Post
I see where you all are trying to do the right thing even though it is an attempt at being politically correct. BUT once this process begins where does it end and who decides what is correct and what is not? I have an American flag, in essence THAT is a political statement no? Will it be removed at one point soon? Who decides? Where is the line? Does it move with a whim or climate? This smells bad gentleman, very bad. Who watches the watchers?

Jerry
exactly
Lou452 likes this.