always busy with sailing
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Thanked 129 Times in 124 Posts
Rep Power: 2
Sailnet has new owners
I didn't notice the "Notice" up above until it was pointed out to me. Check it out for details.
New Owners: Welcome!
Now that the welcome is out of the way I'm going to make some suggestions that could really improve the UX of the site:
1) It would be great if the "new content" shown on the Home page could be customized to the forums that a user wants to read. As an example of this make a Sailing Anarchy account and look at how "View New Content" is implemented over there. It would also be nice if the homepage view (which is the first view into the forums) had page numbers for each topic as the "New Posts" view does. Today this Home button brings you to a unique view of the forums that is not available anywhere else and that is missing many sub-forums.
2) The forum-related menu bar (that contains useful links like "New Posts") is not on the home page, only once you get into the forums. Either the Home Page should be part of the forums or it shouldn't be, right now it is half broken.
3) Login on the site is broken and for over a year has brought up an error page that says:
"Invalid Redirect URL (http://sailnet.com/forums/cmps_index.php)"
4) The "Home" button has a "Register" submenu even when logged in.
5) The "New Posts" button shown in the upper left (the only version that is always available on the website) takes you to the full list of new posts, this could also be customized like the "View New Content" of Sailing Anarchy.
Thanks for listening,
boats that I sail on regularly: Pearson 28-2, Rondar 505, Yankee 30, Blanchard Junior